If you live in sunny Arizona like we do you might be tired of so much sun. But for those of you in colder climates, getting that extra VItamin D can be super beneficial. As the warmer weather approaches you might be starting to pull out the beach towels and flip flops, so we are here to tell you a few reasons why getting in some daily sunlight can be good for you.
So what are the benefits of being in the sunshine?
- Natural Sunlight helps with the body’s natural production of Vitamin D - which is super important for a healthy schedule for sleep, the health of your teeth, and to maintain our vitamin B levels!
- MOOD BOOST! I think this is fairly self explanatory but regular sunshine definitely helps with depression.
- Lowers the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Morning Sunlight can help improve sleep
- Weight Loss - lack of sunshine can cause depression as previously mentioned and therefore can affect how much and what you eat.
- EXERCISE this goes with the last one but being outside increases your chances of movement
There are many more benefits of sunlight and Vitamin D than listed above. However, it is important to note that too much sunshine can cause skin cancer and have other negative effects on your health.
Grab an Acid-Free Iced Coffee and catch some rays while you’re at it