Whether or not you choose to celebrate yearly, Saint Patrick’s Day has a lot of history and cool facts that we would like to share. We got our information on this Irish Holiday from 30 Amazing Facts About St. Patrick's Day - The Fact File. While there are loads of facts, here are just a few,
- Blue was the original color that represented St. Patrick, and over the years green took over as the festival color
- In the United States alone there are more than100 Saint Patrick’s Day parades held
- Since 1962 the Chicago river has been dyed green to celebrate this day
- The 1st Saint Patrick's Day celebration in the United States was all the way back in 1737 in Boston, MA.
- It is a tradition to pinch someone who is not wearing green on this day!
- Corn beef and cabbage is often a traditional meal made to celebrate
- The Shamrock was used by Saint Patrick to teach Pagans about his religious roots, and is now the official flower of Ireland.
We hope you have a great day celebrating and remember to enjoy our Acid-Free Coffee too!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.