FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $50 (USD)

What is Swiss Water Filtration for Decaf Coffee?

What is Swiss Water Filtration for Decaf Coffee?

September 10, 2020

When we first heard the term All-Natural Swiss Water Filtration, we thought, "What?"

If you're not familiar with it, you're probably wondering the same thing. Your biggest question is probably this, "What's the big deal and how does it affect my decaf coffee?"

Turns out, it's a HUGE deal and it affects your coffee A LOT!

The normal decaffeination process uses chemicals. No matter how well the roaster processes the beans, there's always residual chemical that is left over - meaning that you end up consuming it when you drink your decaf coffee. Yuck, right? 

Well, when Tylers Coffees® looked into creating a decaf coffee, we decided to look for a better way. After all, what's the point of using 100% AAA USDA Certified Organic beans if we're only going to add chemicals to it that can be harmful to our customers' health?

Turns out, there's a better and chemical free way! 

So how does it work?

  1. This process is completely chemical free and was founded in Switzerland. 80% of the water in Switzerland actually comes from underground - the other 20% from lakes. This means fresher and cleaner water. This is extremely important.
  2. This process uses solubility and osmosis in order to decaffeinate the coffee. What does this mean? Very hot water is used at first to dissolve caffeine, and then a carbon filter is used to allow other molecules that may have washed off to sift back through while leaving the caffeine filtered behind.
  3. The now flavorless and caffeine-free beans are discarded. The flavorful water is reused with a fresh batch of beans. This process leaves a caffeine-free bean without a significant loss to flavorful and aromatic molecules found in the coffee.

The beautiful end result is a 99% caffeine free coffee that is also acid free! 

So why would anyone want to drink decaffeinated coffee to begin with?

Well, that's easy.

  1. Pregnant women are encouraged to remain caffeine free during their pregnancy because of the effects that caffeine can have on the baby. So women who are regular coffee drinkers often struggle with finding a coffee that is both satisfying and safe to drink.
  2. Some people just love the taste of coffee but don't want the caffeine. Imagine having a very good cup of coffee after dinner without the fear of staying up all night and being unable to sleep. That's where decaffeinated coffee comes in. It's coffee's version of having your cake and eating it too.
  3. Decaffeinated coffee is actually better for you. Did you know that? There have been studies that show that decaffeinated coffee can actually help reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes and pre-mature death. It also reduces the rate of mental decline as you get older (versus drinking regular coffee).
  4. Decaffeinated coffee is often more mellow and lighter than regular coffee. Ours also follows this premise. Our decaf coffee is more mellow - but it's not less flavorful. There's a huge difference in taste from watered down coffee and an actual good cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Tylers Coffees® believes coffee should be as natural and healthy as possible. This is why we use absolutely no chemicals in our roasting processes. And because our coffee is acid free, there are even more benefits - like no heartburn, no bitterness, no aftertaste, etc.

So there you have it. Decaffeinated coffee is around because it actually serves a need and a purpose. If you've never tried it, you definitely should! Drinking coffee is a lifestyle. In some instances, it's a necessity. If you're going to put something into your body, why not put the best?

#drinkdifferent

 Check out all of our Acid Free Decaf coffee here:

SHOP DECAF



Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in Blog's

Don't Throw Those Grounds Away!
Don't Throw Those Grounds Away!

September 15, 2020

Read More

Comparing Low Acid & No Acid Coffees in 2020
Comparing Low Acid & Acid-Free Coffee in 2020

April 28, 2020 14 Comments

What is low acid coffee? Acidity is the most predominant factor in a healthy cup of coffee...

Read More